Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to some children according to family income.
It’s important to register for entitlement to free school meals, even if your child has a packed lunch – this is so we can receive additional funding (called the pupil premium) which we can use to help your child. Please see below:
What you need to know:
Your child may be eligible for free school meals if you (or the child themselves in their own right) is in receipt of any of the following benefits.
- Income Support (IS)
- Job Seekers' Allowance (Income-Based) and equal based Job Seekers Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR) and equal based Employment and Support Allowance.
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) with an Annual income of less than £16,190.
- Guarantee Element of Pension Credit (GPC)
- Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (IAA) Support
- Universal Credit
If you think your child is entitled to free school meals, you’ll usually need to fill in an application form supplied by your local council. Give your completed application to your child’s school and make sure you can show documentary proof of any support you are receiving.